Sunday, May 30, 2010

Yoga

i did yoga today....it was so fun.  i did my first handstand and my first arch with the help of ken (cool teacher) and some nice women next to me.  it was like flying for the first time.  i embraced it and just went for it! i've watched rowell do it so many times, but i never tried it.  today was my day.

i let go of the fact that most of the people in the room were yoga teachers, or had obviously done yoga a lot!  i was a yogi today with a big grin on my face.  at the end of the class when we chanted and meditated- i went to the higher plane baby...  i was soaring with my family and sending myself and them love from my heart.



yoga meets you where you are and the chanting was so beautiful.

it was surprising to me how much the workshop today was like story's birth.  holding the different yoga poses, especially the ones that burned- reminded me of having a contraction and breathing through it.  they brought me back to the present and i was not aware of space and time, i was just being.
if you ever get a chance to take a class, or workshop from ken graham, please do it.  if you watch him do yoga he is like a kid playing- having the best time.  that joy is contagious and if you reflect it- magic happens.
when i got home i had two very different amazing experiences with kai and story.  story and i sat in the grass and then he led me to our garden and showed me how every plant is growing like me- every single container of tomatoes, herb, lettuce, and strawberry plant.
with kai i was telling him about how i did a handstand and an arch like rowell does all the time for the first time today.   then rowell and i helped kai do and arch and a handstand.  he loved it of course and wanted to do it again and again.  he had the same surprised joy that i experienced when i went up and flew in class.


ganesha was with me today.
yoga=love.

No comments:

Post a Comment